Free shipping on all orders over £45 in the UK and over $100 in the US

What's your power song?

I've been thinking about how Taylor Swift's new Album Folklore has been keeping me calm and relaxed over the last few weeks, whenever I've felt like it's all getting too much in the office, I put it on and it just calms me, it's an amazing album and it feels like it found me at just the right time.

Then I was listening to Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris which I've been listening to on and off for the last month (washing up, walking to work, tidying the house) on Audible. Tim was talking about meditation, and how 80% of the worlds most high performing people in all walks of life, say that meditation forms a key part of their daily routine, BUT that of the other 20% most of them had a kind of similar practice that involved music and repetitively listening to one or a few songs every day. Well, I'm loving this idea. I'm trying to develop a meditation practice every morning, recently using the Calm app. But this weekend, hearing this I'm keen to add a musical element to my morning routine!

I mean, there are just songs that get you going aren't there? For me, it doesn't need to be necessarily about the words, it can just be the feeling of a song, and how it gets you going? So last night we (my husband and I) sat on the sofa and were both trying to remember those songs that really fired us up.

At the moment I feel like i need fighting songs, songs that are going to rouse me at 5am to do that work out, journal, set goals for the day and just head into the with a positive mindset, mind open, heart open ready to live and love and fight for another day! The business is at a crazy stage at the moment and I feel like i need all my mental energy to keep me going.

I narrowed it down to three, see below, that I think I'm going to use as my morning meditations.

Wrecking Ball by Bruce Springsteen (Could probably have chosen any Bruce song.)

Audition Song from La La Land

Set it all free Scarlett Johansson from Sing

They all have a kind of 'fight' element to them, it's the feel i get from Bruce, and the repetition of the lines 'hard times come and hard times go' that gets me. With the Audition song from La La land it just sends a shiver down my spine, the words...

She told me
"A bit of madness is key
To give us new colors to see
Who knows where it will lead us?
And that's why they need us"
So bring on the rebels
The ripples from pebbles
The painters, and poets, and plays
And here's to the fools who dream
Crazy as they may seem
And the song from Sing just makes me want to get up and punch the air! They just all do something spiritual and rousing and I'm excited to see what adding this to my morning does! Does anyone do this already? Does it work?! Have an amazing Monday everyone x