This little owl is a favourite of mine. The kit uses a split back stitch to fill the blocks of colour in, you're stitching over a print of the illustration so you know where to put each colour. It’s a really simple stitch, but because there is quite a lot of work involved in filling the different areas of colour, we’re saying this is probably for a confident beginner, rather than someone who is just starting out in embroidery.
This kit has been designed using an illustration by Ekaterina Trukhan. Ekaterina is a Russian illustrator who graduated from Camberwell College of Arts with a BA degree in Illustration. She creates illustrations for children's books, magazines and products and is also the author of several children's books published in the UK, USA, Russia and Slovakia.
Embroidery kit for beginners
We’re saying this is probably for a confident beginner, rather than someone who is just starting out in embroidery.
What's in this embroidery kit?
Everything you need to complete this kit (apart from a pair of scissors) is included:
- Embroidery hoop
- Printed fabric
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery thread
- Backing disc (making it super easy to finish off and hang on your wall).
Embroidery kit details
- Contemporary embroidery kit, made in and shipped from the UK
- Embroidery hoop measures 13cm in diameter
- Ideal for embroidery beginners
- The embroidery kit is beautifully packaged in our striped box, so it's perfect for gifting!